BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] NAS

2010-04-06 21:13:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] NAS
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 02:11:42 +0100
Hi, Adam
38.3 MB/s seems a very high speed for old IDE disks through NFS
I'll expect that speed measuring the disk on the machine, not through the home LAN
Thanks for the command. I think of=/tmp/test may be wrong. Or not, I'm really no expert here.

I have a similar configuration (2x250 SATA1 local disks with lvm/mdadm), and I'm interested on NAS, not for backuppc (not for now, at least)
104857600 bytes (105 MB) copied, 10.8521 s, 9.7 MB/s (NFS mount)

I also have a running 100Mb LAN, shouldn't we start there? How to get a 1Gb LAN, that is, maybe the NAS speed are limited by that.

Forgive if I said something very stupid.
Regards
Luis