BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to Schedule Backup?

2010-04-06 19:21:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to Schedule Backup?
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 00:20:07 +0100
What can I say? short answer, I think it's Yes, best thing its to wait :)

The idea of backuppc is to be automatic and safe, so to see if the system is working as you wish, seat back and let it work, I guess. lol

You did what you have to do. Manual backups are workings, so will automatic.

You have a weekly full backup, and an incremental every day. At what time? as soon as it is possible to make a backup (backuppc wakeup and client ready) and last backup has occurs more than 0.97 days ago (your IncrPeriod: 0.97)

If no problem occurs, that will lead to a backup every day at the same time. If something doesn't allow the backup to be done, backuppc will try to do do it again next time it wakes until it does.

Apart from that, you have the blackout periods, that Les talked about. Please confirm that you don't have errors on your backup logs, and relax.

PS: To be really relax, you can do other things, like storing your backup files on a RAID 1 partition/disk.
If you don't, you may think about it while you wait for the next backup :)

While I'm writing, others gave their comments. Rémi is write about testing a backup. I was talking about the normal daily backuppc operation

btw, I'm from Portugal, and I'm glad to meet you, my friend