BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to Schedule Backup?

2010-04-06 18:57:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to Schedule Backup?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:55:20 -0500
On 4/6/2010 5:30 PM, professorgenival wrote:

> OK.
>
> I think that I need to be patient with the backup pc.... I'd like to see the
> backups now...I don't understand why the backuppc don't have a configuration
> precise about the time to do backups... It will decide when is the best
> moment to do the backups??? It's sound  strange for me...

Normally you would use it with many targets and not know how long each
will take to complete, especially once a mix of full and incremental
runs are interleaved.  This way it can do them as fast as possible and
still not conflict with the time you don't want them to run.

> But It's ok..
>
> Full Backups
>
> FullPeriod: 6,97
> FullKeepCont: 1
> FullKeepCntMin: 1
> FullAgeMax: 90
>
> Incremental Backups
>
> IncrPeriod: 0.97
>
> IncrkeeoCnt: 6
> IncrKeepCntMin: 1
> IncrAgeMax: 30
> IncrLevels: 1
>
> Blackouts
>
> BackupsDisable: 0
> BlackoutBadPingLimit: 3
> BlackoutGoodCnt: 7
> BlackoutGoodCnt: 7
> BlackupPeriosd:
>
> Hour Begin: 7
> Hour end: 19.5
> weekdays: 1,2,3,4,5
>
> Other
>
> PartialAgeMax: 3
> RestoreInfoKeepCnt: 10
> ArchiveInfoKeepCnt: 10
>
> Config.pl
>
> $Conf{WakeupSchedule} = [2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22];
>

> Now I Have a question!
>
> When The Backuppc Will Start the next backup??

If it hasn't done any and hasn't been configured long enough for the
BlackoutGoodCnt to take effect, it should start a full at the next
wakeup.  Are you using the web interface?  Does it show any failures in
the host summary page?