BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to Schedule Backup?

2010-04-06 18:59:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to Schedule Backup?
From: Rémi Boulle <rboulle AT free DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 00:58:29 +0200
Le 07/04/2010 00:42, professorgenival a écrit :

> I can do backups manually with web host...
>
> Full and incremental..restore...zip files it's ok....
>
> My doubt is.. Why backuppc don't have a place to put the date and time to
> schedule backup.... ?
>
> It's so abstract.... I need to waid 24 hours to test it????  :-(

No need to wait. If you want you can do, for a full backup a
sudo /path/to/BackupPC_dump -v -f hostname
or for an incremental one :
sudo /path/to/BackupPC_dump -v -i hostname

If you are not satisfied from what you can see in your term, just crtl+c
it and try again with news prams.

But is is not in the "spirit" of backuppc... It does his job quitly
without annoying users. Just tell him how to do it.
A very reliable boy who works 24/7 ! ;-)
Rémi.