BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not cleaning out cpool.

2010-02-16 03:59:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not cleaning out cpool.
From: Joseph Holland <joseph.holland AT kepak DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:57:01 +0000
@Matthias

strangely, indeed.
du delivers a roughly estimation, not an exact value. But we are speaking
about 140GB vs 540GB.

1) "du" and GUI use the same directory? I have /var/lib/backuppc and
not /var/data/backuppc.

2) There are no extra files from you on your /var/data/backuppc? I don't
know how the GUI calculates the usage of space.

1) The /var/data/backuppc is where I have the partition mounted and then
it's symlinked to the /var/lib/backuppc folder.

2) No there are no extra files in that directory.  If I run the du -xsmh
on the /var/lib/backuppc/cpool directory I get back 540GB.

On 14/02/2010 21:38, Craig Barratt wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Yes, you have the IO::Dirent problem, and it sounds like it is
> fixed, since BackupPC_nightly reports non-zero information.
> However, it doesn't report that it removed any files, so every
> cpool file (at least for the output you included) has at least
> 2 links.
>
> However, BackupPC_trashClean (which is started once when BackupPC
> first starts) will also have the same problem.  Did you re-start
> BackupPC after patching $IODirentOk?
>
> You should check to see if /var/data/backuppc/trash has a lot
> of files.  If so, that's the problem.  After those files are
> removed, then BackupPC_nightly will find files that only have
> one link, and will remove them.
>
> Craig

That's what I though too.  There appears to be no files in the
/var/lib/backuppc/trash directory though.

Regards,

Joe.

addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,
copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited. The Company accepts no
liability for the content of this e-mail, or for the consequences of any
actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that
information is subsequently confirmed in writing. The Company accepts no
liability for the damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

author and do not necessarily represent those of The Company. Employees
are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to
infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal
right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to
company policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual
concerned. The Company will not accept any liability in respect of such
communication.

No employee or agent is authorised to enter into any legally binding
Sale or Purchase Contract on behalf of The Company with another party
unless and until The Company has issued either a formal Sales
Confirmation or Purchase Contract (as appropriate).  Any confirmation of
a sale or purchase transaction by e-mail only shall not become legally
binding on The Company unless and until it has also issued a formal Sale
Confirmation or Purchase Contract (as appropriate).

CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO ONLY PRINT THIS EMAIL IF
ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY

believed to be clean.