BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Tar exited...

2010-02-16 04:12:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Tar exited...
From: Michael Kuss <michael.w.kuss AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:11:40 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Stefan Jurisch <s.jurisch AT siegnetz DOT de> wrote:

Hi there,

Am 15.02.2010 19:24, schrieb Les Mikesell:
> A google search on that error shows some hits in several Linux distributions but
> it looks like a bug that has been fixed.  Is the system where it happens up to date?

Wow - it's an openSUSE 11.2; and I guess I did the last updates... humm... 3 days ago.

Hi,

the code of our collaboration produces some of these messages.  In our case, they can be traced to double deletes of heap objects. Insteadad of fixing the code, one can prevent the immediate abort by setting MALLOC_CHECK_ to 0 or 1.  However, if things go really wrong, the program may terminate at a later stage anyway.  Your call!

Michael