BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Check-if-alive-pings alternatives

2010-02-08 07:58:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Check-if-alive-pings alternatives
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:37:04 +0100

"Better security".

I know, I know, lousy excuse for a rather lame way to "increase" security,
but that was how this server-group was set up a few years ago.

I was thinking in the same tracks as you anyway at the time this was setup,
but gave in to the techies setting it up. This is a server-group controlling
two NMR's and I guess the idea was to stealth the machines entirely for some
reason.

I think I'm going to remove the hidden-ping thing on the router. Thanks for
your feedback.
--
/Sorin