BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc performance 3Mb

2009-12-17 15:16:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc performance 3Mb
From: braguzz <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:07:09 -0500
Hi to all.

I'm trying to get decent performance from my backuppc installation since 2
weeks.

can You help me?

OS:Ubuntu or Debian ( i've tried Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.10, Debian 5)
Server: I've tried in a virtualized environment and then i've installed also in
a HP Proliant dl 580 ( 2Gb ram)
Switch: SRW2024 Gb switch (but I also try with 3com 100Mb)

I tryed to backup via smb and via rsyncd but performance is always ~ 2Mb/sec

I don't know if those perfomance are ok in my configuration, but it seems to me
that are bad.

Can You help me in some ways?
Perhaps Linux network is misconfigured?

thanks in advance,