BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Consecutive BackupPC_archiveStart calling for the same archive host is not executing

2009-12-17 16:13:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Consecutive BackupPC_archiveStart calling for the same archive host is not executing
From: "Jose Torres" <jetorres AT conecodepr DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:02:59 -0400
The dumps are running perfectly.  What I need is to copy the dumps to a NTFS
NAS drive (not a NAS server).  Tar requires hardlinks to be supported by the
destination drive/partition and NTFS NAS does not support it. Archive mode
does support NTFS NAS without hardlinks.

The archive executes correctly when the three servers are included in the
parameter, but execute the ArchivePostUserCmd only once.

There is got to be a way to request the archive for each host consecutively.
Maybe adding some type of delay between request, but how much?  Or other
trick?

> It seems that the answer to this is question is not a challenge; no one
> has reply.
>

> Please help!

Why don't you ignore the archive setup and use your own scripts based on
BackupPC_tarCreate so you have complete control?