BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] pools are showing data but clients have no backups

2009-12-15 13:27:56
Subject: [BackupPC-users] pools are showing data but clients have no backups
From: sabujp <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:25:26 -0500
I've been using backuppc with gluster across 5 backup servers. It seems now
that none of the backup systems think that any of the clients have any backups
even though the status page shows that the pools have data in them, e.g.:

gluster1: Pool is 1102.46GB comprising 13441 files and 4242 directories (as of
12/15 01:07),

gluster2: Pool is 409.26GB comprising 2663159 files and 4369 directories (as of
12/15 09:50),

gluster3: Pool is 1743.00GB comprising 733705 files and 4369 directories (as of
12/15 03:02),

gluster4: Pool is 613.61GB comprising 302884 files and 4369 directories (as of
12/15 02:09),

gluster5: Pool is 35.33GB comprising 7488 files and 3806 directories (as of
12/15 01:06),

The systems may have gotten out of sync at some point during reboots or
instances where one gluster server couldn't connect to another because it was
down but now that all the machines are up I'm not sure what's causing backuppc
instances to think there are no backups for the clients.

Another problem is if I start a full for a client, it will complete, but it
will still report that no fulls are available. The error logs for the clients
show no errors.

Any ideas?