BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Question about keep count

2009-12-15 11:18:54
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Question about keep count
From: Kameleon <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:16:35 -0600
I am working on a backuppc solution to allow backups to be kept for about 3 years while having a minimal impact on disk space. I was following the directions located here: http://www.cs.umd.edu/~cdunne/projs/backuppc_guide.html#Schedule for the schedule. However, The question I have is this: Would I put the Incremental portion in the $Conf{IncrKeepCnt} or  $Conf{IncrLevels} like they state?

I guess I am not totally clear on how that will work. I would like to be able to keep backup data for up to 3 years before having any rotated off with the least impact on the disk space.

What would be the best way to accomplish what I m looking for?

Thanks in advance.