BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] pools are showing data but clients have no backups

2009-12-15 14:40:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] pools are showing data but clients have no backups
From: Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:37:40 -0900
sabujp wrote:
> I ran an incremental and it completed but it's not being recorded in backups
> but instead in backups.new. When does backups.new get copied to backups so
> that the new incremental will show up on the webpage or what process causes
> this to happen?

The file backups.new is written out by a function called BackupInfoWrite
(which further uses a function called TextFileWrite), which is called
both in BackupPC_dump, when a backup completes and in BackupPC_link,
when the linking of the backup completes.  The file backups.new is
written, verified and then renamed to backups.  If the verification
fails, the rename does not occur.  I'd suggest checking for permissions
issues or file system corruption.

Chris