BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncP problem

2009-12-14 22:45:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncP problem
From: "Harald Amtmann" <[email protected]>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 04:43:25 +0100

> And for the record, I don't necessarily disagree with you that there
> are things that can be improved but your attitude is going to get you
> less than nowhere. Also, the coders are hardly stupid and there are
> good reasons for the various tradeoffs they have made that you would
> be wise in trying to understand before disparaging them and their
> software.

Hi I didn't want to sound rude. This was my 6th mail regarding this problem (5
to this list, 1 personally to Craig) I think. In the first 5 mails I was
reporting my observtaions asking whether what I am seeing is expected behaviour
or an error on my part, each mail providing more detail as I was trying to find
the source of the problem. In my personal mail to Craig I stated the same
question and asked for pointers as to where in RsyncP might be the problem so
that I can start working on a fix (if possible). Not one single one of the
mails got a reply, so I kept looking myself for an answer, both in Google and
the source code. This last mail was just me being happy that I found out that
this is indeed expected behaviour, that I can stop looking for problems in my
setup and as a record for any future users who observe this behaviour.

Regards
Harald