BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncP problem

2009-12-07 14:26:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncP problem
From: "Harald Amtmann" <[email protected]>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:23:44 +0100
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 13:08:52 -0600
> Von: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
> An: "General list for user discussion,        questions and support"
> <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
> Betreff: Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncP problem

> Harald Amtmann wrote:
> > So, for anyone who cares (doesn't seem to be anyone on this list who
> noticed), I found this post from 2006 stating and analyzing my exact problem:
> >
> > http://www.topology.org/linux/backuppc.html
> > On this site, search for "Design flaw: Avoidable re-transmission of
> massive amounts of data."
>
> It's documented behavior, so not a surprise.

"With the rsync transfer method the partial backup is used to resume the next
full backup, avoiding the need to retransfer the file data already in the
partial backup."

This is also from the docs and doesn't work. I have 40 GB of data and do a
first full backup. It gets interrupted. I start it again and all data is
retransmitted. Does the "rsync transfer method" not include rsyncd method which
I am using?