BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC migration FC7 to FC10

2009-12-07 15:29:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC migration FC7 to FC10
From: Shawn Perry <redmopml AT comcast DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:25:23 -0700
Tar works pretty good too, and it's quite a bit faster.

To be honest though, BackupPC's data directory should ALWAYS be on an
LVM as it makes moving it SO much easier.

When making the file system, I usually use this command line:

mke2fs -b 1024 -i 1024 -j -m 1 -O
dir_index,has_journal,sparse_super,resize_inode -t ext3 -v (partition
location)

followed by:

tune2fs -c 31 -e remount-ro -o acl,journal_data