BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] how can I find out how much space a given host uses?

2009-12-02 09:19:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] how can I find out how much space a given host uses?
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:38:29 +0100
On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 01:11:27AM +0100, Pieter Wuille wrote:

> See attachment. You can run eg.:
>
>    ./diffsize.pl /var/lib/backuppc/pc/*
>
> to see values per host, and a total.
>
> PS: it actually (correctly) divides by (nHardLinks-1) instead of +1 (what i
> claimed earlier).

I suppose, it will be difficult to explain the users that their total
used space will fluctuate, e.g. because old backups or other other hosts
are expired. I'd just do accounting on total backup size (say: last full) and
account the savings by pooling as earnings through using smart systems.
:-)

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.tisc.de