BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted (SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file.....)

2009-10-20 12:50:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted (SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file.....)
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Mirco Piccin <pictux AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:46:44 -0700
Mirco writes:

> > Try running a Windowns error check on that disk.
>
> but is there a reason i don't understand?
> I must suppose that the disk is damaged?
> It is used every day (acts as File Server) without problems...

I've seen cases where it was disk corruption that causes that error
from smbclient.  See below.

I'm not saying your disk is corrupted, but if the error goes away
after running windows ckhdsk then that's more solid evidence that
you did have a problem.

If your disk is ok there is no downside to doing the error check.

Craig