BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Variable in Host Configuration File

2009-10-01 12:18:34
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Variable in Host Configuration File
From: Valarie Moore <jeixav AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:11:16 +0000 (UTC)
I have a host configuration file like this:

$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'localhost';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = '/home/jeixav';
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = 'sudo -u jeixav $rsyncPath $argList+';
$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = 'sudo -u jeixav $rsyncPath $argList+';

I would like to specify the user account jeixav once as a variable, rather than
having it "hardcoded" three times, but I'm don't know how to do this. Going
through the BackupPC's config.pl file, it seems as though the variable called
$user should help, but using this variable as shown below doesn't work.

$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'localhost';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = '/home/$user';
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = 'sudo -u $user $rsyncPath $argList+';
$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = 'sudo -u $user $rsyncPath $argList+';

I am using BackupPC as packaged with Debian 5.0.3 (lenny).