BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Best way to recover from corrupted files

2009-10-01 21:22:10
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Best way to recover from corrupted files
From: Ski Kacoroski <kacoroski AT gmail DOT com>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:18:06 -0700
Hi,

I have a backuppc 2.1.2 installation which lost power and crashed. It
looks like some files in the pool were corrupted as now we get the
RStmp files that are not the right size.  Normally, I would do a full
backup via tar to get a good set of files into the pool, but this
client is a windows machine.  Any ideas on how to figure out which
files are the problems so I can delete them from the pool?  Or are
there better ideas?  Right now the full backup via rsync seems to
work, but we get a lot of errors in the log and the 'new'  file
directory is not deleted from disk so I am not sure about it.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
 connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoroski AT gmail DOT com, 206-501-9803