BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Variable in Host Configuration File

2009-10-02 21:25:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Variable in Host Configuration File
From: Valarie Moore <jeixav<at>gmail.com> <jeixav AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 01:20:47 +0000 (UTC)
Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I've now setup my host configuration file, named colombia-jeixav.pl
as follows:

my $user = 'jeixav';
$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'localhost';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = "/home/$user";
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = "sudo -u $user \$rsyncPath \$argList";
$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = "sudo -u $user \$rsyncPath \$argList";

The ClientNameAlias remains because the BackupPC server backs up other
computers, so I think I must define either PingCmd or ClientNameAlias
within colombia-jeixav.pl. My hosts file looks like this:

colombia 0 backuppc
colombia-jeixav 0 jeixav
colombia-user2 0 user2

ecuador 0 backuppc
ecuador-user2 0 user2
ecuador-user3 0 user3

I think I found the thread where Jeffrey describes the $_[1] trick:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.backuppc.general/17274
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.backuppc.general/17280

Given my hosts file, I was thinking that I'd be able to use $_[3] and
have hard-linked files like this:

$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'localhost';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = "/home/$_[3]";
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = "sudo -u $_[3] \$rsyncPath \$argList";
$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = "sudo -u $_[3] \$rsyncPath \$argList";

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work.