BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Some partitions don't want to backup

2009-04-27 03:51:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Some partitions don't want to backup
From: "Laurin d'Volts" <email.port25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 02:48:09 -0500
I'm getting use to using backuppc, but it would appear a couple of
partitions don't want to backup.
I don't understand the situation, because one of the seperate
partitions backed up.
Two of them didn't. All of the seperate partitions I have are mounted.
I don't think there is too much special about the partitions in terms
of permissions, so maybe someone here can figure out the issue.

The two folders that don't want to backup are /office and /research.
It would appear the /wallpapers partition doesn't have problems with
being backed up.

Here is version 1 that I used:

####BEGIN localhost.pl
#
# Local server backup of /etc as user backuppc
#
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'tar';

$Conf{TarShareName} = [
  '/'
];

$Conf{TarClientCmd} = '/usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C $tarPath -c -v -f - -C
$shareName --totals';

# remove extra shell escapes ($fileList+ etc.) that are
# needed for remote backups but may break local ones
$Conf{TarFullArgs} = '$fileList';
$Conf{TarIncrArgs} = '--newer=$incrDate $fileList';
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '/home/*/music/**.MP3',
    '/home/*/music/**.mp3',
    '*.iso'
  ]
};
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
  '*' => [
    '/root',
    '/home',
    '/etc/dhcp3',
    '/usr/local/bin',
    '/usr/local/sbin',
    '/wallpapers',
    '/office',
    '/research'
  ]
};

Here is version two I used to see if it would simply backup /research:

# Local server backup of /etc as user backuppc
#
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'tar';

$Conf{TarShareName} = [
  '/'
];

$Conf{TarClientCmd} = '/usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C $tarPath -c -v -f - -C
$shareName --totals';

# remove extra shell escapes ($fileList+ etc.) that are
# needed for remote backups but may break local ones
$Conf{TarFullArgs} = '$fileList';
$Conf{TarIncrArgs} = '--newer=$incrDate $fileList';
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
  '*' => [
    '/research'
  ]
};

The error for the trial was this:
2009-04-27 02:40:34 full backup started for directory /
2009-04-27 02:40:35 Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share /)
It didn't give me an error when /research was part of the first configuration.
There are files in /research