BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Some partitions don't want to backup

2009-04-27 04:07:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Some partitions don't want to backup
From: "Laurin d'Volts" <email.port25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 03:03:54 -0500
-> Is my issue about this covered in this FAQ page:
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/localhost.html
-> If so, no need to reply to this thread.

Here is the xferLOG for trial 2.

I was under the impression that backuppc had some form of root
control, thus it didn't have to bother with permission issues. Am I
wrong about this?

File /var/lib/backuppc/pc/localhost/XferLOG.bad.z

Running: /usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C /bin/tar -c -v -f - -C / --totals ./research
full backup started for directory /
Xfer PIDs are now 18099,18098
/bin/tar: ./research: Cannot open: Permission denied
Total bytes written: 10240 (10KiB, 89MiB/s)
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Tar exited with error 512 () status
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0
sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share /)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share /)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)