BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] best way to upgrade to and downgrade from 3.2 beta?

2009-04-17 16:13:13
Subject: [BackupPC-users] best way to upgrade to and downgrade from 3.2 beta?
From: "David Lasker" <dave AT altosdesign DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:06:14 -0700
I am currently using BackupPC version 3.0.0 installed from the Ubuntu 8.0.4
repository. I have never run configure.pl myself from command line.

BackupPC works perfectly for me, but I would like to try 3.2.0beta in order
to take advantage of one of the new features that Craig was kind enough to
implement at my request.

Should I just run configure.pl and have it install over the 3.0.0 version?
Or should I remove 3.0.0 first?

Will configure.pl automatically use the same directories as the 3.0.0
release? Or do I need to re-enter these?

If I have problems with the beta, what is the best method to revert back to
the 3.0.0 release?

Is there anything special I need to be aware of? Obviously, I don't want to
risk clobbering any of the current configuration or backup data, even though
it is backed up.

When searching this mailing list archive, the only issue with the beta I
could find was the need to install File::Listing, which is installed on my
system. Are there any other issues I should be looking out for?

Thanks for the help!

Dave