BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Guide to set up Apache on OS X (to use mod_perl)

2009-04-10 19:12:43
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Guide to set up Apache on OS X (to use mod_perl)
From: Thomas von Eyben <thomasvoneyben AT gmail DOT com>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 01:08:32 +0200
Hi list,

Does anyone have a nice guide describing how to set up a Mac OS X's
Apache  (Server or Client) to host BackupPC?

I am now facing the problem:

"Error: Wrong user: my userid is 70, instead of 502(backuppc)" when
communicating with the CGI.

As I understand it I need (for performance) a seperate instance of
Apache running as user "backuppc" in order to be able to use the
"mod_perl" method (that also gives me the highest performance), as
opposed to (much slower) setuid method…

I have searched the archives and google, but not found adequate help.

BR TvE