BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup remote ftp server (internet site)

2009-04-09 11:16:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup remote ftp server (internet site)
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Mirco Piccin <pictux AT gmail DOT com>, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:04:03 +0200
Hi,

I wrote on 2009-04-09 13:45:41 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup remote ftp
server (internet site)]:
> [...]

actually, a quick glance at the source code suggests that that should be the
host name only (eg. 'ftp.sourceforge.net').

> > [...]
> > but, if i try to run a full backup, it does not run with this error:
> > Last error is "xfer start failed: Can't open connection to : Invalid
> > argument".
>
> [...]
> but the error message looks like something failed to parse correctly, as if
> the name of the host to connect to was "".

Sorry, that is a bug in Xfer::Ftp, line 190, which references $args->{host},
which, it seems, should read $args->{Host} instead (at least that's what
getFTPArgs() returns). There are two more occurrences of the same typo and
several usages of $t->{host} instead of $args->{Host}, though that is probably
intentional (logging the host name as defined in BackupPC rather than the
actual DNS name or IP used). I'd attach a patch, but it's really only

:%s/\$args->{host}/$args->{Host}/gc

Regards,
Holger