BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup remote ftp server (internet site)

2009-04-09 07:56:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup remote ftp server (internet site)
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Koen Linders <koen.linders AT koca DOT be>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:45:41 +0200
Hi,

Koen Linders wrote on 2009-04-09 13:24:29 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup
remote ftp server (internet site)]:
> You can't directly backup an ftp host.

not true. Read the changelog for 3.2.0.

I doubt anyone has much experience with this feature as it is quite new (read:
as yet unreleased). I haven't had time to download, much less look at 3.2.0,
but the error message looks like something failed to parse correctly, as if
the name of the host to connect to was "". Maybe if you could at least post
the comments from the default config.pl file regarding XferMethod FTP (or send
them to me off-list), then I could try to guess what might be wrong (do you
set the target address via ClientNameAlias? What format is it supposed to be
in? What is the FtpShareName supposed to look like?). Does the XferLOG give
any further hints? Can you increase the XferLogLevel? Since not much is
happening, you might get something interesting from there ...

Regards,
Holger