BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How do the files look like when transferred?

2009-04-08 17:04:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How do the files look like when transferred?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:01:06 -0500
On 04/08 10:45 , Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> I believe in it's efficiency, but my problem is that I'll have to backup
> some 20GB over a WAN link (VDSL 20000/5000)... Until now, I simply went with
> an external HDD and copied over all the data, then stored them in my
> rsnapshot-server and synced away from it...

In such cases I found it best to just take the backup server to the target
server's location, sync the data, and take the backup server back to its normal
location.

failing that; I think others have suggested copying the data to a portable
drive, taking it to where the backup server is, plugging it into a computer
there, pointing the backup profile of your target server temporarily to
where the portable disk is plugged in, and then getting the data into the
pool that way. (make sure you set the paths up exactly the same tho;
otherwise you'll re-transfer the files).

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator