BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc hangs on backing up WinXP c-drive

2008-10-22 18:54:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc hangs on backing up WinXP c-drive
From: "Linux Punk" <linuxpunk AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:53:09 -0600
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky
<backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org> wrote:
> I am using the rsync-method to back up the C-drive on a WinXP machine.
> I have cygwin ssh & rsync installed on the remote machine.
>

> The backup repeatedly stalls after backing up:
>        .file_store_32/runescape/main_file_cache.dat1
> and in the middle (presumably) of backing up:
>        .file_store_32/runescape/main_file_cache.dat2
> This occurs only about a dozen files into the backup.

I found this to be a bug with rsync launched from ssh. Even outside of
Backuppc we consistently found problems with rsync tunneled inside of
ssh. We would've liked to use ssh to encrypt all of our backups, but
ended up going with the straight rsyncd instead, which has worked
great.