BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Compression during Xfer

2008-10-10 06:00:18
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Compression during Xfer
From: "Sebastien Sans" <sebastien.sans AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:54:52 +0200
Hello,

The compression system of the pool in BackupPc is great, it save a lot
of place, but I didn't found how to compress the tranfers in order to
save my bandwidth.
I tryed to modify the command line in "rzync" and "tar" modes to
activate compression (i added -z options to use gz compression), the
transfer was shorter but the result was'nt well recognized by
BackupPc.
I'm sure there is a simple way to compress the tranferts. If someone
has the solution, that would be great.

Cordially,

Ps: Sorry for my bad english, I tryed to do my best...