BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] File Filtering

2008-09-15 14:11:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] File Filtering
From: "Alan McKay" <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:10:52 -0400
Never used it myself, but I think this part of config.pl is it :

#
# List of directories or files to exclude from the backup.  For Smb,
# only one of $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} and $Conf{BackupFilesOnly}
# can be specified per share.  If both are set for a particular share,
# then $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} takes precedence and
# $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} is ignored.
#
# This can be set to a string, an array of strings, or, in the case
# of multiple shares, a hash of strings or arrays.  A hash is used
# to give a list of directories or files to exclude for each share
# (the share name is the key).  If this is set to just a string or
# array, and $Conf{SmbShareName} contains multiple share names, then
# the setting is assumed to apply to all shares.
#
# The exact behavior is determined by the underlying transport program,
# smbclient or tar.  For smbclient the exlclude file list is passed into
# the X option.  Simple shell wild-cards using "*" or "?" are allowed.
#
# For tar, if the exclude file contains a "/" it is assumed to be anchored
# at the start of the string.  Since all the tar paths start with "./",
# BackupPC prepends a "." if the exclude file starts with a "/".  Note
# that GNU tar version >= 1.13.7 is required for the exclude option to
# work correctly.  For linux or unix machines you should add
# "/proc" to $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} unless you have specified
# --one-file-system in $Conf{TarClientCmd} or --one-file-system in
# $Conf{RsyncArgs}.  Also, for tar, do not use a trailing "/" in
# the directory name: a trailing "/" causes the name to not match
# and the directory will not be excluded.
#
# Users report that for smbclient you should specify a directory
# followed by "/*", eg: "/proc/*", instead of just "/proc".
#
# If a hash is used, a special key "*" means it applies to all
# shares that don't have a specific entry.
#
# Examples:
#    $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = '/temp';
#    $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/temp'];     # same as first example
#    $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/temp', '/winnt/tmp'];
#    $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
#       'c' => ['/temp', '/winnt/tmp'],         # these are for 'c' share
#       'd' => ['/junk', '/dont_back_this_up'], # these are for 'd' share
#    };
#    $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
#       'c' => ['/temp', '/winnt/tmp'],         # these are for 'c' share
#       '*' => ['/junk', '/dont_back_this_up'], # these are for other shares
#    };
#
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {};

--
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends"
 - Abraham Lincoln