BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Fatal error (bad version): OpenSSH_5.0p1

2008-07-29 07:03:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Fatal error (bad version): OpenSSH_5.0p1
From: brunal <brunal2496 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:03:00 +0200
Hi all,

I'm using backuppc on a Dlink DNS-323 with fun_plug.

Everything is fine but when I try to launch a (full and first) backup
I get this error :
[Code]
full backup started for directory /home/racine/archives
Running: /ffp/bin/ssh -v -x -l root 192.168.1.2 /ffp/bin/rsync -v --
server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --
hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /
home/racine/archives/
Xfer PIDs are now 624
Got remote protocol 1852141647
Fatal error (bad version): OpenSSH_5.0p1
Sent exclude: /home/racine/rd/audio/banque2sons
Sent exclude: /home/racine/rd/audio/loops
Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)
[/Code]

So on linux machine I want to backup (192.168.1.2), it's a Ubuntu
7.04, and the openssh package install is 4.3p2-8ubuntu1.4 . I've just
upgrade the server packages. It seems that ubuntu 8.04 got openssh
package 5.0p1, but I don't want to dist-upgrade now, because I want
to backup the server before upgrading (vicious cycle isn't it?)

On the backup server where backuppc is running, the openssh package
is OpenSSH_5.0p1 .

Does anyone have an idea, how I can solve this problem? The error is
bad version : but does it means OpenSSH_5.0p1 is the bad version or
is it 4.3p2-8 the bad version?

What is strange is that I can ssh without problem nor error from the
backup server to the server to backup (192.168.1.2).
I also can run a command like
[Code]
rsync -t 192.168.1.2:~/truc.txt ./tmp/
[/Code]
wihtout any problem, which use ssh and a public key.

???