Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users]

2008-10-23 10:44:06
Subject: [Amanda-users]
From: dceola <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:34:46 -0400
****This is an edited version of a previous post****

haha, well i'm good at following instructions, typically ;)

i definitely have yet to understand program paths (and rpm's i guess) here..

i downloaded the server RPM file that is listed for fedora7 on the amanda
download page, and used the command
/bin/rpm -ivh <rpm name(s)>
when installing it (per the "Installing amanda binaries" page on the zmanda
wiki).

i have no idea where it installed amdump, i've just been following the
instructions to install/config everything per the amanda qikc start guide.. so,
past that i dont know...

sorry for my lack of understanding on how everything works here.. its beginning
to make me frustrated, i feel certain you guys are like "geez look at this
idiot" or something..  [Shocked]

(edit) i really hate not being able to figure this out on my own... so if you
feel more inclined to point me towards any sort of reference material rather
than trying to walk me through trying to figure this out (or even explaining
this seemingly simple stuff), that works for me. i much prefer the method of
teaching the guy to do it rather than doing it for him method myself.

Thanks again!!