Amanda-Users

Re: How to backup windows client

2008-10-13 15:17:50
Subject: Re: How to backup windows client
From: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT zmanda DOT com>
To: thomaswegner AT gmx DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:43:01 -0700
On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 19:13 +0200, Thomas Wegner wrote:
> H!
>
> I want to run a test on my windows laptop. So I installed Zmand Client
> for Windows. The wikis tells that I had to run "amaddclient" to
> configure amanda server to backup the windows client. But on my server
> is no amaddclient command. Where can I find that programm?

Hello!  amaddclient is a new command starting with Amanda 2.6.0.  I'm
thus guessing your server is < 2.6.0.  This may be a problem as the Wiki
points out that a "Zmanda Windows Client 2.6.0 works with Amanda server
packages (from Zmanda Downloads page) version 2.6.0 and later releases."
There may be ways to make a 2.6.x Windows client work with an older
Amanda server but I am not knowledgeable on this.

Paul