Amanda-Users

Re: no Index on client

2008-10-13 15:15:06
Subject: Re: no Index on client
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:08:12 -0400
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 05:57:11PM +0100, Prashant Ramhit wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have added a slackware host to a backup schedule and there is no index
> for the host.
>
> Amrecover shows the following for host webtwo and test directory is
> /usr/local/amanda
>
>    200 Disk set to /usr/local/amanda/.
>    No index records for disk for specified date
>    If date correct, notify system administrator
>    amrecover> quit

Was indexing turned on in the config for that DLE?
Did you set a date or take amrecover's default?
Which ever date was used, was a dump already done
on that date?
Can you see indexes for that DLE in the indexdir?

 JG Computing
 12027 Creekbend Drive          (703) 787-0884
 Reston, VA  20194              (703) 787-0922 (fax)