Amanda-Users

DUMP: You can't update the dumpdates file when dumping a subdirectory

2008-10-02 10:06:34
Subject: DUMP: You can't update the dumpdates file when dumping a subdirectory
From: Neil Marjoram <n.marjoram AT adastral.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:07:22 +0100
Hello all,

I'm a little confused, I've been running the same config for years, last change a couple of years ago, and now I am starting to get some errors on two systems.

Both the systems are RHEL 5.x (latest), running a compiled 2.5.2p1 to get over a redhat omission, interestingly one system is a clone of the other (nearly!), both the system fail backing up /usr/local. Other directories backup with no issues. I've got no clues, the debug spits out exactly the same error as the log, so no extra info there,

/--  host1 /usr/local lev 0 FAILED [dump (20830) /sbin/dump returned 1]
sendbackup: start [host1:/usr/local level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/sbin/dump
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/sbin/restore -xpGf - ...
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
|   DUMP: You can't update the dumpdates file when dumping a subdirectory
|   DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.
sendbackup: error [dump (20830) /sbin/dump returned 1]
\--------

Does anyone know what this is?

Many thanks,

Neil.