Amanda-Users

Re: Move disk without loosing backup history?

2008-08-28 10:22:09
Subject: Re: Move disk without loosing backup history?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:46:06 -0400
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:
> The tar folks at gnu do not consider that a bug, but as a part of the
> security.

To be fair, the tar developers did fix this -- in 1.21, IIRC.

As to the original question, no, I don't think that there is any way
to "pretend" that one host/disk is the same as another.  When we have
a more expressive catalog, it might be interesting to have some kind
of "redirect" that amrecover could follow when browsing the history of
a DLE -- similar to Subversion's "copy-from".

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com