Amanda-Users

Re: two dumps, when combines, larger than the holding disk

2008-04-28 13:31:37
Subject: Re: two dumps, when combines, larger than the holding disk
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jordan Desroches <jordan.d.desroches AT Dartmouth DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:07:45 -0700
Amanda should stop one of the dle, terminate the second, write it to tape and restart the first dle.

Which release are you using?
Can you post the amdump log file?

Jean-Louis

Jordan Desroches wrote:
Dear Amanda community,

I am running two dumpers simultaneously, and using software compression. The estimates of the compression are not exact, and I've been running into a problem where the two DLEs AMANDA chooses to dump are bigger when combined than the holding disk. The holding disk fills up before either dump finishes, and the dumps stop. In this situation, what does AMANDA do? So far, the dumps have just hung there, but my timeouts are quite long. I could break the DLEs up into small chunks, but I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution.

Thanks,

Jordan

Jordan Desroches
Systems Administrator
Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College
8000 Cummings Hall
Hanover, NH 03755

phone: 603-646-8192
fax:       603-646-9856