Amanda-Users

Re: two dumps, when combines, larger than the holding disk

2008-04-29 12:25:11
Subject: Re: two dumps, when combines, larger than the holding disk
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Sven Rudolph <Sven_Rudolph AT drewag DOT de>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:24:19 -0700
Sven, Jordan

I swear i already tested it and it behaved as i explained. It was in the 2.4.x timeframe. I found the bug Jordan hit and it will not be easy to fix, amandad get hung trying to write data for one dle and doesn't proceed the other dle.
 - two DLEs on the same client.
 - bsd (or bsdudp) authentification

The best solution is to move to the bsdtcp authentification.

Jean-Louis

Sven Rudolph wrote:
Some years ago (around 2.4.x ?) I have seen similiar problems, and I
have never seen the behaviour that you described as "Amanda
should...". Either it is new or it doesn't work that way.

I guess it will simply wait until one DLE dump hits dtimeout. Then the
other DLE dump will succeed. And some time later (probably after the
DLE finished) it will retry the first DLE. (The retrying of a failed
DLE didn't happen some years ago, but it works now.)

        Sven