Amanda-Users

small, almost insignificant type in amanda.conf man page

2008-04-04 15:47:35
Subject: small, almost insignificant type in amanda.conf man page
From: Oscar Ricardo Silva <osilva AT scuff.cc.utexas DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:37:24 -0500
Since I've been this deep (holds hand above head) in trying to get encryption to work, I've been reading and re-reading documentation and man pages. I noticed a small typo in the amanda.conf page for the section detailing encryption in dumptypes. Basically, for "encrypt client" it says to look at "dumptype server-encrypt-fast" in example/amanda.conf and for "encrypt server" it says to look at "dumptype client-encrypt-nocomp" in example/amanda.conf. The examples should be reversed.

encrypt client
        Specify client_encrypt "PROG"
        PROG must not contain white space.
        Specify client_decrypt_option "decryption-parameter" Default: "-d"
        decryption-parameter must not contain white space.
        (See dumptype server-encrypt-fast in example/amanda.conf for reference)

encrypt server
        Specify server_encrypt "PROG"
        PROG must not contain white space.
        Specify server_decrypt_option "decryption-parameter" Default: "-d"
        decryption-parameter must not contain white space.
        (See dumptype client-encrypt-nocomp in example/amanda.conf for
reference)

Oscar