Amanda-Users

Re: Error While Running 'amcheck'

2007-08-24 16:15:44
Subject: Re: Error While Running 'amcheck'
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Jeanna Geier <jeanna AT webteam DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:04:58 -0400
On Friday 24 August 2007, Jeanna Geier wrote:
>Sure, sorry for leaving that information out!
>
>./configure --with-index-server=ottawa --with-user=amanda
>--with-group=amanda --prefix=/usr/local/amanda_2.5.2 --sysconfdir=/etc
>
>And, I did a search for the '.amandahosts' file, and it doesn't seem to
>be on my system....

You will have to make that file, and its format should resemble this:
# FQDN (or IP address)  USER    SERVICES that USER can run
# as listed in your
# hosts files
# or resolved by dns
coyote.coyote.den       amanda  amdump amindexd amidxtaped
coyote                  amanda  amdump amindexd amidxtaped
coyote.coyote.den       root    amdump amindexd amidxtaped
shop.coyote.den         root    amdump amindexd amidxtaped
shop                    root    amdump amindexd amidxtaped
shop.coyote.den         amanda  amdump amindexd amidxtaped
shop                    amanda  amdump amindexd amidxtaped

duplicated as you can see on a user basis.  IP address usage is discouraged.
There is probably a more concise description of this in the wiki, I just
covered all the bases here :)

>Thanks!
>-j.g.
>
>Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
>> * Jeanna Geier <jeanna AT webteam DOT net> [20070824 11:25]:
>>> I should probably also say that I'm working with version 2.5.2.
>>>
>>> And that I verified the Amanda services are in the /etc/services file.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
What good is it if you talk in flowers, and they think in pastry?
                -- Ashleigh Brilliant