Amanda-Users

Inappropriate ioctl for device

2007-08-28 04:33:49
Subject: Inappropriate ioctl for device
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:27:03 -0700 (PDT)
..... output trancated .....
amrecover> extract
amrecover: warning: using /dev/null as the tape device will not work

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/null on host server.domain.com.
The following tapes are needed: DailySet1-10
                                DailySet1-11
                                DailySet1-14

Restoring files into directory /backup/amanda/recover
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/null on host server.domain.com.
Load tape DailySet1-10 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
Could not rewind device '/dev/null': tape_rewind: tape open: /dev/null:
Inappropriate ioctl for device
Load tape DailySet1-11 now
Continue [?/Y/n/t]? y
Could not rewind device '/dev/null': tape_rewind: tape open: /dev/null:
Inappropriate ioctl for device
Could not rewind device '/dev/null': tape_rewind: tape open: /dev/null:
Inappropriate ioctl for device

I am having this kind of problem but no errors reported in logs or email.
Even though I did not set anything about /dev/null thingy, amrecover still
complaining it.
my settings in amanda.conf :
tpchanger "chg-multi"
tapedev "file:/backup/amanda/dumps"
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
amrecover_do_fsf yes
amrecover_check_label yes
amrecover_changer "changer"

This is changer.conf
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0

statefile /usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status

firstslot 1
lastslot 14

slot 1 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape01
slot 2 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape02
slot 3 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape03
slot 4 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape04
slot 5 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape05
slot 6 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape06
slot 7 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape07
slot 8 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape08
slot 9 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape09
slot 10 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape10
slot 11 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape11
slot 12 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape12
slot 13 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape13
slot 14 file:/backup/amanda/dumps/tape14

What does it means by Inappropriate ioctl for device? If I recover backup
which is in one tape only, I can. If multiple tapes, I cant.