Amanda-Users

Re: Error While Running 'amcheck'

2007-08-24 12:15:13
Subject: Re: Error While Running 'amcheck'
From: Jeanna Geier <jeanna AT webteam DOT net>
To: amanda users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:13:50 -0500

Jeanna Geier wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I'm running './amcheck DailySet3', so I looked in the /tmp/amanda/server/DailySet3 file, but it's empty....it's there, but nothing in it.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks again!
-j.g.

Mario Silva wrote:

Check the logs that are underneath /tmp/amanda/server/<configname>

Jeanna Geier wrote:

Hello All-

I am running into another issue while running 'amcheck' on one of my sets; I've checked msg boards and the wiki for the answer to this, but I'm still not sure where the problem is.

The error is on the client (which is the same machine as the server): WARNING: ottawa: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK.

I've verified that the following items are in my inetd.conf file and that the paths are correct:

amandaidx stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/local/amanda/libexec/ amindexd
amidxtape stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/local/amanda/libexec/ amidxtaped
amanda dgram udp wait amanda /usr/local/amanda/libexec/ amandad

Any ideas on what the problem(s) may be and how I can go about correcting this?

Thanks for your time and expertise!
-j.g.

--
Jeanna Geier