Amanda-Users

Re: Error While Running 'amcheck'

2007-08-24 12:24:56
Subject: Re: Error While Running 'amcheck'
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Jeanna Geier <jeanna AT webteam DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:19:15 -0400
* Jeanna Geier <jeanna AT webteam DOT net> [20070824 11:25]:
> I should probably also say that I'm working with version 2.5.2.
>
> And that I verified the Amanda services are in the /etc/services file.

Would help to show us how you configured amanda.

I'll guess that you use bsdtcp. It's explained in:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_bsd/bsdudp/bsdtcp_authentication

double check that ~amanda/.amandahosts contains the relevent information
and reload/restart inetd after modifying inetd.conf.

hth
jf

--
<° ><