Amanda-Users

Re: tar dumps, performance

2007-08-13 19:32:14
Subject: Re: tar dumps, performance
From: "Aaron J. Grier" <agrier AT poofygoof DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:25:47 -0700
On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 11:21:17AM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> I may be wrong, but I'd have thought that the TEE was in memory, then
> piped again to gzip and with the final output being put to an index
> directory specified in amanda.conf.

are the index directory and holding directory on the same device?

I was under the impression that everything (including the index) was
written to holding disk and moved into the indexdir _after_ the backup
dumped to tape.

running iostat on the holding disk while backups are running might help
rule out and disk bottleneck.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier AT poofygoof DOT com
    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US