Amanda-Users

Re: How do I tell amanda a tape is not onsite?

2007-08-07 06:53:25
Subject: Re: How do I tell amanda a tape is not onsite?
From: "Gerrit A. Smit -TI-" <TI AT ATComputing DOT nl>
To: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:47:27 +0200
> Gerrit A. Smit wrote:
> > I would like a way to tell amrecover that
> > those tapes are off site without too much fiddling around with setdate.

This question remains unsolved, I think.

By telling Amanda not to re-use a tape, she will refrain from using that tape
for dumping, but IMHO this doen't change anything for other operations.
amrecover will still use the tape for reading when needed according to the set
time, and I want to be able to prevent that for tapes which are off site.

Thank you for your script, but it doesn't address the bottom line of my message.

Gerrit