Amanda-Users

How do I tell amanda a tape is not onsite?

2007-08-07 05:19:44
Subject: How do I tell amanda a tape is not onsite?
From: "Gerrit A. Smit -TI-" <TI AT ATComputing DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:41:57 +0200
Hello,

I'm using amanda and all is OK.

But, now I want to implement level null dumps to be made say every first monday
of the month (piece of cake in crontab).

>From the Status Update for July 2007 I learned to simply say
        amanda config force
to get a level null dump for all hosts and disks.

After such a level null dump is made, I must figure out a way to know which
tapes were used, I must set those tapes to no-reuse (both inside a script), and
then physically move them away to some other place (off site).

Although the tapes are still in the Amanda-database, and they cannot be re-used
for dumping (both are desireable), I would like a way to tell amrecover that
those tapes are off site without too much fiddling around with setdate.

Any ideas?

Gerrit