Amanda-Users

MAILER configuration

2007-01-11 09:57:01
Subject: MAILER configuration
From: "Thomas Steiger" <steigerth AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:42:56 +0100

I have a question about sending mails in amanda. For example the 'amcheck -m <config>' command sends a mail if any errors are detected. The log file amcheck.<datestampe>.debug shows me the following content:
   amcheck: spawning /usr/bin/Mail in pipeline
   amcheck: argument list: /usr/bin/Mail -s "<config> AMANDA PROBLEM: FIX BEFORE RUN, IF POSSIBLE" xyz@domain .

I assume that amcheck sends the mail under the user amanda (as configured by compilation) but it seems that the personal config file for the MAILER (~/.mailrc) will not be used to send the mail. In the sendmail log i can find the following error:
   ruleset=trust_auth, arg1=amanda@domain, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1], reject=550 5.7.1 <amanda@domain>... not    authenticated

But if i use the following command on the shell to send a mail (under the user amanda):
/usr/bin/Mail -s "<config> AMANDA PROBLEM: FIX BEFORE RUN, IF POSSIBLE" xyz@domain
everything goes fine.

The contents of the file .mailrc is:
   set smtp=smtp://localhost
   set smtp-auth=login
   set smtp-auth-user=userxyz
   set smtp-auth-password=**************

Does anybody know how i can configure amanda so that the mailer uses the smtp auth configuration?