Amanda-Users

Re: MAILER configuration

2007-01-11 17:18:00
Subject: Re: MAILER configuration
From: "Thomas Steiger" <steigerth AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jean-Louis Martineau" <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:04:01 +0100
Hallo Jean-Louis

I have applied your patch. Now it works very well. Thanke you very much!

With best thanks
Thomas Steiger

On 1/11/07, Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:
amanda remove most the environment variable for security reason.
mailx require the HOME environment variable to find the user .mailrc file
Could you try the attached patch.

Do someone know if the HOME environment variable can be used to break
suid program?

Jean-Louis