Amanda-Users

Re: Tapetype defintion for HP Ultrium 960

2007-01-09 08:44:40
Subject: Re: Tapetype defintion for HP Ultrium 960
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Yogesh Hasabnis <yhmail29 AT yahoo.co DOT in>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:36:53 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 at 4:55am, Yogesh Hasabnis wrote

I would be grateful if anybody can forward me the
tapetype definition for an HP Ultrium 960 LTO3 tape
device (external). The SCSI controller used is an HP
374654-B21 - 64-bit Single Channel Wide Ultra320 SCSI

This is what I use for my LTO3 drives:

define tapetype LTO3comp {
        # All values guesswork :)  jlb, 8/31/05
        # except blocksize ;) jlb, 9/15/05
        length 420000 mbytes
        blocksize 2048
        filemark 5577 kbytes
        speed 60000 kps
}

Note the comments. I've got hardware compression on, but I also use software compression (NOTE: do not try this on non-LTO tape drives) and the rest of my data isn't that compressible.

Controller. Basically, on what factors does the
tapetype deifintion depend? Else if I need to give the
amtapetype command is the command "amtapetype -t
/dev/nst0" sufficient? Or do I need to specify
additional arguments to the command? How much time
will this command take?

'man amtapetype', specifically the -e option (and -b).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering