Amanda-Users

Re: backup just on holding disks makes many level 0

2006-03-15 11:03:19
Subject: Re: backup just on holding disks makes many level 0
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:59:38 +0100
Thomas Widhalm schrieb:

> I removed all tapes from the config. I just save to the holding disk. I
> can live with the daily "tape error", but I want amanda to do less full
> backups.

>> Is your DEC tapedrive really attached to the null device?
>> Doesn't work very well that way does it?  :))
>
> It is disconnected from the server as it produced some driver problems
> recently. So we switched to backup to the holdingsdisk.

Why not switch to backup to file-based virtual tapes?
Why ignore errors if you could choose a setup without errors?

Have a look at http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html for an
overview.

If you have sufficient disk-space, this is the better solution as long
as you don't want to use physical tapes.

Stefan.